Hybrid Four-Storey Office Building Is Fully Independent Using Renewables

Fluid Solar headquarters is powered by thermal, solar PV and wind energy in South Australia and is no longer relying on an electricity grid connection. The building has 2 megawatt-hours of energy storage capacity, which is about 90% thermal storage with remaining 10% provided by the regular battery storage as reported by Architecture & Design.

Here are the main details of the project:

  • The building has been operating without the use of the grid since April.
  • The surplus electricity generated at the site will be used as a part of Tesla’s car-charging network of 11 electric vehicle bays.
  • Wind turbines are installed on the roof.
  • The building also has a turbine that turns low-pressure steam into electricity.
  • Solar thermal collectors are used to heat and cool the building.

Click here to read the full story on Architecture & Design

Sweden to Receive Novel Hybrid Solar PV- Geothermal Energy System

Research out of the SP Technical Research Institute of Sweden has provided proof of concept for a novel hybrid renewable energy system featuring...

Read More

Solar and Energy Bodies Combine To Form New Energy Council

The Energy Storage Council and the Australian Solar Council have merged and formed the Smart Energy Council as reported by The IT Wire. The new...

Read More

Zen Energy To Be Major Player In Renewables and Storage After SA Government Signed Deal

South Australia’s Premier Jay Weatherhill announced that British billionaire Sanjeev Gupta’s SIMEC ZEN will provide over 80% of the South Australian...

Read More